EMDR, PTSD & Trauma Treatment

Bushfire & Coronavirus Telehealth

Enquire online »

Coronavirus Telehealth Initiative

All medicare eligible clients can now access Telehealth Services and receive the regular rebate that would have normally been available with Face-to-Face service.  This service is conducted via Skype.  Virtual EMDR therapy is available to suitable clients.  

Medicare Bushfire Recovery Telehealth Initiative

Under the new Bushfire Recovery Telehealth Initiative, Psychologists can provide provide Telehealth support (regardless of your location) for people affected by the bushfires.  . You do not need to have suffered a financial loss as a result of the fires to access these services.  You do not need to have a diagnosed mental health condition, GP referral or mental health treatment plan. You will be eligible to receive Medicare rebates for up to 10 psychological therapy sessions without a Mental Health Care Plan by simply self-referring to the available practitioner of your choice. These new initiatives facilitate access to psychological support in a more confidential and private manner.

How much will telehealth sessions cost?

The gap fee for this service is $75 per session.  The full session fee of $200 per session is payable upfront, with a $126.50 rebate automatically processed and returned to your account.

You can also access free frontline emergency distress and trauma counselling through:

In addition to free counselling services, Primary Health Networks will employ Bushfire Trauma Response Coordinators to help you in access these services.  The Bushfire Trauma and Response Coordinators will be a single point of contact for individuals and communities to ensure the right mental health supports are offered in the right place at the right time. They will help with coordinating access to mental health services, improving integrated support with state and local government efforts, and navigating a range of mental health supports to help people access the care they need. Coordinators can be contacted via your local PHN. You can find the contact details for all PHNs by visiting www.health.gov.au/phn and clicking on the Map Locator. How can I access a social worker for assistance? Social workers are working in the Australian Government’s Mobile Servicing Teams which are travelling through the fire affected areas. The locations of the teams are advertised on Services Australia’s website on www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/subjects/bushfires-access-and-update-us#a2 You can ring Services Australia’s Disaster Hotline on 1802266 or the Employment Services Line on 132850 and ask to speak with a social worker. You can also visit a Service Centre and ask to speak with a social worker. All the social workers have a social work degree and provide free services.

Ref:  Adapted and extracted from Department of Health – Mental Health Support for Australian Affected by Bushfires